A strong heart and strong blood vessels are the key to a long and fulfilling life. Young people pay little attention to the state of their cardiovascular system, grabbing their heads only when the disease comes. The human heart daily to cope with the incredible loads. Because of the frenzied pace of life, stress, poor nutrition, the circulatory system is weakened, filled with toxins and toxic substances. Vitamins for the heart and blood vessels are needed not only for the elderly, but also for young people. Taking vitamin supplements is a sure way to maintain health and prolong life.
Causes of heart diseases
According to statistics, heart disease is one of the leaders among human pathologies in terms of disability and mortality. Why are modern people of all ages prone to diseases of the cardiovascular system? The main culprit is the wrong way of life. Representatives of today’s youth do not move much, do not eat enough, are often nervous, worried, stressed, chasing success, forgetting about rest. And lack of sleep and excessive loads are the main enemies of the heart. Heart diseases occur as a result of the following factors:
- high blood pressure;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- bad habit;
- constant stress;
- genetic predisposition;
- lack of vitamins and trace elements in the body.
Vitamins and biologically active substances necessary for the heart
In order for the heart to remain healthy, the body must receive an optimal amount of vitamins and trace elements. The following are the vitamins most needed for the normal functioning of the heart muscle. Please visit medical conferences.
- Retinol or vitamin A. fat-Soluble substance that stimulates metabolism, prevents the development of atherosclerosis. Fish oil, milk, and carrots are rich in retinol. In pharmacies, retinol acetate is sold-a solution for oral administration.
- Ascorbic acid or vitamin C. A water-soluble substance that activates metabolism, destroys harmful cholesterol, and strengthens the heart muscle. Vitamin contains a large amount of mainly vegetable products: rosehip, citrus, currant, bell pepper. Ascorbic acid can be used in injections, tablets and absorbable dragees.
- Tocopherol or vitamin E. It prevents the oxidation of fat and the formation of free radicals that destroy the tissues of the heart muscle and blood vessels. A significant amount is present in the liver, nuts, vegetable oil. At the pharmacy, you can buy vitamin in capsule form or as a solution.
- Rutin or vitamin P. A water-soluble substance that strengthens the walls of blood vessels is used for pathological bleeding. Vitamin rich citrus fruits, apples, rosehip. In pharmacies, rutin is sold in tablet form.
- Thiamine or vitamin B1. A water-soluble substance necessary for proper heart muscle contraction. Cereals contain the most thiamine. To eliminate the deficiency of this vitamin in the body, injections are usually prescribed.
- Pyridoxine or vitamin B6. Destroys harmful cholesterol, normalizes the work of blood vessels of the nose, eyes, brain, activates lipid metabolism. It is present in a significant amount in meat, fish, legumes, and milk. It is usually used in injections of pyridoxine hydrochloride.
- Vitamin F. Vitamin-like compounds are polyunsaturated fatty acids. Prevent the formation of cholesterol plaques in blood vessels. Fatty acids are rich in fish oil, vegetable oils, fish and seafood.
- Coenzyme Q10. Very useful element that is found in many food supplements, for example, such as Cardio Clear 7 and others. An enzyme that is synthesized in the human liver with sufficient intake of plant and animal products. If the substance is deficient, the probability of myocardial infarction increases, and the body rapidly ages.
Essential minerals for the heart
The circulatory system is positively affected by certain minerals. Below is a list of the most important minerals for the heart.
- Calcium. Regulates the frequency of contractions of the heart muscle, strengthens the walls of arteries and veins. A significant amount is found in fish and dairy products.
- Potassium. Controls nerve impulses that cause the heart muscle to contract. It is present in high concentrations in nuts, dried fruits, potatoes, and cabbage.
- Magnesium. Improves the metabolism in the heart tissues, prevents the formation of blood clots. It is found in large quantities in meat, legumes, and fish.
- Phosphorus. Participates in the formation of cell membranes. Regulates muscle tissue contractions and the transmission of nerve signals. It is present in a significant amount in bread with bran, asparagus beans, dried fruits.
Vitamins useful for the blood vessels of the brain
Because of the deterioration of blood circulation in the brain, strokes often occur. And after a stroke, a person has impaired memory, visual and speech functions. In order for the brain to work properly, you need to take vitamins regularly. Below is a list of substances that are important for the blood vessels of the brain.
- Thiamine or vitamin B1. Improves memory, helps you learn information faster. With vitamin deficiency, insomnia, frequent fatigue, problems with coordination of movements, and depression are noted. To replenish thiamine in the body, you should eat fish, meat, nuts, eggs, and oatmeal.
- Riboflavin or vitamin B2. It provides brain tissue with energy and helps to cope with high intellectual and physical loads. If there is a lack of substance, a person becomes sleepy and absent-minded, his appetite worsens and headaches occur. Meat and dairy products are rich in vitamin.
- Nicotinic acid or vitamin B3. Stimulates the synthesis of energy in the body, normalizes the functioning of blood vessels in the eyes, nose and brain. It is present in large quantities in liver, meat, legumes, fish, nuts, and eggs.
- Pantothenic acid or vitamin B5. Controls the transmission of nerve impulses, supports mental performance. When the substance is deficient, depression, insomnia, and chronic fatigue are noted. Vitamins are rich in milk, liver, and cabbage.
- Pyridoxine or vitamin B6. Restores nerves, strengthens blood vessels of the brain. If there is a lack of substance, a person becomes short-tempered and anxious, he becomes depressed and sleep is disturbed. Vitamin in a significant concentration is present in cereals, liver, legumes, nuts.
- Folic acid or vitamin B9. Improves thinking ability. With vitamin deficiency, memory deteriorates, apathy and weakness are noted. The substance is rich in nuts, cereals, mushrooms, meat, fresh vegetable products.
- Cyanocobalamin or vitamin B12. Regulates the change of phases of sleep and wakefulness, increases brain activity. When there is a lack of substance, depression, tinnitus, decreased intellectual abilities, nervousness, visual and memory disorders are noted. The vitamin is only present in animal foods and some algae.
The strengthening of the vessels of the extremities
The main problem of blood vessels in the legs is varicose veins. This is an extremely unpleasant disease, in a neglected form, manifested by swelling of the knees, shins and feet, inflammation and darkening of the skin of the lower extremities.
To strengthen the vessels of the hands and feet, you need to take vitamin complexes supplemented with iron, zinc and calcium. Elimination of varicose veins is carried out through complex therapy. The doctor prescribes therapeutic gymnastics, physiotherapy and water procedures, and medications to the patient. A sick person should not stand or sit for a long time in one position, consume a lot of salt, coffee, black tea, alcohol. To successfully get rid of the disease, you must adhere to a diet, monitor your body weight.
Strengthening of eye vessels
If the eyes cut and hurt, blood veins are visible on their surface, then we can talk about the weakening of the eye vessels. The vessels of the eyes are weakened under the influence of the following factors:
- long-term use of the computer;
- bright sun and sharp wind;
- changes in blood pressure;
- intensive physical activity.
To prevent the blood vessels in the eyes from bursting, you need to take b vitamins and ascorbic acid. For severe vascular pathologies of the eyes, it is recommended to intramuscularly inject rutin. Fresh fruits and vegetables, green or rosehip tea are useful.
Products for strengthening blood vessels and improving heart function
In order for the cardiovascular system to remain healthy, you need to include the following foods in your diet.
- Olive oil. A high-quality first-pressed product is rich in unsaturated fats and antioxidants that purify blood vessels from harmful accumulations. With regular use of olive oil, the concentration of harmful cholesterol in the blood is greatly reduced.
- Dried apricot. Dried apricots contain a huge amount of natural antioxidants that protect the heart cells from toxins and decay products. Dried apricots contain potassium, which prevents the development of a heart attack.
- Fish. It is rich in substances that strengthen the walls of blood vessels. Useful for arrhythmias.
Nuts. They contain arginine, an amino acid that has a beneficial effect on the heart. With regular use of nuts, the likelihood of a heart attack is significantly reduced.
- Dark chocolate. A high-quality product contains flavonoids-pigments that expand blood vessels and help to eliminate hypertension. It should be noted that chocolate does not affect people with low blood pressure in any way.
- Grape. Contains a significant amount of antioxidants and vitamins for the heart. High-quality grape wines also contain antioxidants. However, you should not abuse alcoholic beverages, otherwise the harm will exceed the benefit.
Who is recommended to take vitamins for blood vessels and heart?
Many people start taking care of the circulatory system only when it gets sick. Supporting and protecting the heart and blood vessels, you can not only cure dangerous pathologies, but also prevent their occurrence. What groups of people need vitamins for the heart and blood vessels?
- Patients suffering from vascular diseases of the brain and extremities.
- Children and teenagers.
- People after 50 years.
- Patients who have undergone heart surgery.
- People who do hard physical work.
- People who work in unhealthy businesses.
People who belong to the categories listed above should definitely contact a cardiologist. The doctor will select the optimal complex of vitamins and minerals. The dosage of the drug and the duration of the therapeutic course is determined by the medical specialist, focusing on the age and health of the patient.